Dr. Heumann is the Director of the CMU Center for Geographic Information Science and a Professor of Geography at Central Michigan University.
- Ph.D., University of North Carolina and Chapel Hill, 2011
- M.Sc., McGill University, 2007
- B.Sc., (Honours), McGill University, 2004
- Remote Sensing
- Research Methods
- Environmental Studies
- Remote Sensing (Multispectral, Hyperspectral, RPV/UAV/Drones)
- Biogeography and Landscape Ecology
- Urban/Rural Communities
- Heumann, BW; Hackett RA; Gross JW. 2018. The Remote Sensing of Biodiversity: From Global to Local Scales. Invited chapter in Comprehensive Remote Sensing Vol. 9 - Remote Sensing Applications for Societal Benefits.
- Ed. Stephen J. Walsh.
Glon, HE, Heumann, BW, Carter, JR, Bartek, JM, Monfils, AK. 2017. The contribution of small collections to species distribution modelling: A case study from Fuireneae (Cyperceae). Ecological Informatics. 42, 67-78
- Gross, JW, and Heumann, BW. 2016. A Statistical Examination Of Image Stitching Software Packages For Use With Unmanned Aerial Systems. Photogrammetric Engineering & Remote Sensing 82.6 (2016): 419-425.
- Malanson, GP and Heumann, BW. 2016. Models and Data in Biogeography and Landscape Ecology. in Key Methods in Geography. SAGE Publications.
Heumann, BW, Hackett, RA. and Monfils, AK. 2015. Testing the spectral diversity hypothesis using spectroscopy data in a simulated wetland community. Ecological Informatics.
Heumann, BW. (2015). The multiple comparisons problem in empirical remote sensing – an introduction.
Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing. Vol. 81:12. pp21-847 doi:10.14358/PERS.81.12.21.
Heumann, BW, Hackett, RA. and Monfils, AK (2015). Testing the spectral diversity hypothesis using spectroscopy data in a simulated wetland community.
Heumann, B.W., Walsh, SJ, Verdery, AM, McDaniel, PM, Rindfuss, RR. (2013). Land Suitability Modeling using a Geographic Socio-Environmental Niche-Based Approach: A Case Study from Northeastern Thailand.
Annals of the Association of American Geographers. 103 (4), 764-784
Heumann, B.W. (2011) An Object-Based Classification of Mangroves using a Hybrid Decision Tree – Support Vector Machine Approach.
Remote Sensing. 3, 2440-2460; doi:10.3390/rs3112440
Heumann, BW. (2011) Recent Advances of the Remote Sensing of Mangrove Forests and Future Opportunities.
Progress in Physical Geography. 35(1), 2011.
Heumann, BW, JW Seaquist, L Eklundh, P Jonsson. (2007). “AVHRR Derived Phenology Change in the Sahel, Soudan, and Guinean Regions, Africa, 1982 – 2005”.
Remote Sensing of Environment 108 (4): 385-392