Dr. Becker is a Professor of Geography at Central Michigan University.
- Ph.D., Michigan State University, 2002
- M.S., University of Illinois, 1993
- B.S., Eastern Illinois University, 1989
- Geographic Information Sciences
- Remote Sensing
- Image Processing
- Environmental Science
- CAD Mapping for GIS
- Applied Remote Sensing
- Spectral Signature Processing/Analysis
- Environmental Science
- Wetland Ecology
- Tian, Y., Becker, B. L. (2017). Remote Sensing Estimation of Colored Dissolved Organic Matter (CDOM) Dynamics in non-Optically Deep Waters. ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing.
- Tian, Y., Becker, B. L. (2017). Spatio-temporal Variations of Colored Dissolved Organic Matters in Lake Waters from Landsat-8 Observations. Remote sensing of environment.
- Li, B., Griffith, D., Becker, B. L. (2016). Spatially simplified scatterplots for large raster datasets. Geo-spatial information science, 19(2), 81-93.
- Tian, Y., Becker, B. L., Carrick, H. (2014). An assessment of remote sensing algorithms for colored dissolved organic matter in complex freshwater environments. Remote Sensing of Environment.
- Tian, Y., Becker, B. L., Carrick, H. (2014). Issues and potential improvement of multiband models for remotely estimating chlorophyll-a in complex inland waters. IEEE.
- Torbick, N., Hession, S., Hagen, S., Wiangwang, N., Becker, B., Qi, J. (2013). Mapping inland lake water quality across the Lower Peninsula of Michigan using Landsat TM imagery. International Journal of Remote Sensing.
- Zhu, W., Tian, Y., Becker, B. L. (2013). Using Hyperion Imagery to Monitor the Spatial and Temporal Distribution of Colored Dissolved Organic Matter in Estuarine and Coastal Regions. Remote Sensing of Environment.
- Tian, Y., Becker, B. L. (2013). Using Hyperion imagery to monitor the spatial and temporal distribution of colored dissolved organic matter in estuarine and coastal regions.
Becker, B.L., 2008, Mapping Chlorophyll-a Concentrations in West Lake, China using Landsat 7,
Journal of Great Lakes Research, Vol. 34: pp. 559-565.
Becker, B.L., 2007, A Classification-based Assessment of the Optimal Spectral and Spatial Resolutions of Coastal Wetland Imagery,
Remote Sensing and Environment, Vol 108: pp. 111-120.
Becker, B.L., D.P. Lusch, J Qi; 2005. Identifying optimal spectral bands from in-situ measurements of great lakes coastal wetlands using second-derivative analysis,
Remote Sensing of Environment, Vol. 97: pp. 238-248.
- Herricks, E. E., B. L.
Becker, and J. A. Wickenkamp 1994. Manual for the Development of Wetland Replacement Areas in Illinois.
Illinois Department of Transportation.
Becker, B. L., and D. Tazik 1994. Utilization of Geographic Information Systems for Wetland Mapping.
Technical Paper, USACOE.