Dr. Cheng is a professor of Statistics at Central Michigan University
Honors and Awards
- PI, Perzhinsky, J,. Co-I, Lopes, J.E. Jr., Noveloso, B., Janssen, F., Parashar, S., Sawyer, T., Cheng, C. (2017) “An Interprofessional Educational Curriculum for Optimizing Mental Health in Chronic Pain Treatment.” ($25,000), Arnold P. Gold Foundation
- Outstanding Doctoral Examination Award, Department of Statistics, University of Missouri-Columbia, August 2006
- Quality Excellence Award, Leader of DuPont-Far Eastern Co. Ltd. Quality Excellence Team, Industrial Development Bureau Ministry of Economic Affairs, Taiwan R.O.C., Summer 2002
- Quality Excellence Award, Leader of DuPont-Far Eastern Co. Ltd. Quality Excellence Team, Industrial Development Bureau Ministry of Economic Affairs, Taiwan R.O.C., Summer 2001
- Ph.D., University of Missouri-Columbia, 2009
- Bayesian Statistics
- Nonparametric and Semiparametric Models
- Bayesian Smoothing Spline ANOVA
- Bayesian Estimation in Distributions
- Gamber, A., Nowatzke, J., Cheng, C., Hazy, A., Kurdys, J., Avelino, E.-L., Ragina, N. (2019) Disparities in HPV Screening and Prevention in Metropolitan and Nonmetropolitan Regions of Michigan. Journal of Community Health. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10900-019-00644-7.
- Matar, G., Abdou, M., Lyons, M., Alani, F., Cheng, C., Ragina, N. (2019) The Effects of Geriatric Aortic Stenosis Education and Its Implications on Heart Failure Prevention in Medically Underserved Community. European Journal of Preventive Cardiology.
- Chowdhary, U, Adnan, M, Cheng, C. (2019) Pre-Post Washing Comparison for Horizontal Wicking Behavior of Three Types of Knits in Different Fiber- Contents. Journal of Textile Science & Fashion Technology. https://irispublishers.com/jtsft/pdf/JTSFT.MS.ID.000548.pdf.
- Pierce, D.P.R., Pierce, B., Cheng, C., Perzhinsky, J. (2019) Assessing Treatment and Monitoring of Musculoskeletal Conditions using Opioid versus Non-Opioid Therapy. Medicine®. http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/MD.0000000000015128
- Chowdhary, U, Adnan, M,
Cheng, C. (2018) Understanding Knitted fabrics through Bursting Strength and Extension.
Trends in Textile Engineering & Fashion Technology.
- Rodriguez, J-L., Tanner, J.F. Jr., Allen, C., Fournier, C.,
Cheng, C. (2018) Creating Advocates: A Social Network or Role-Making Phenomenon?
Accepted, Journal of Selling
- Mammo, D.,
Cheng, C., Ragina, N., Alani, F. (2017) Factors Affecting Cardiovascular and Cerebrovascular Complications of Carotid Artery Stenting in Northern Michigan, A Retrospective Study.
Cardiovascular Revascularization Medicine.
- Singleton, W., McLean, M., Smale, M., Alkhalifah, M., Koshak, A., Ragina, N.,
Cheng, C. (2017) An Analysis of the Temperature Change in Warmed Intravenous Fluids During Administration in Cold Environments.
Air Medical Journal, 36, 127-130
Cheng, C. and Speckman, P. (2016) Bayes factors for smoothing spline ANOVA.
Bayesian Analysis. vol. 11, number 4, pp.957-975, DOI: 10.1214/15-BA974
- Gautam, Y.N., Lee, C.,
Cheng, C. and Langefeld, C. (2015) A comparison of optimality measures for estimating untyped SNP using the allele frequencies of neighboring SNPs. Proceedings [Refereed],
2nd ACIS International Conference on Computational Science and Intelligence, Okayama, Japan, Jul. 12-16, 2015
- Lee, C.,
Cheng, C. and Zeleke, A. (2014) Can Text Mining Technique be used as an Alternative Tool for Qualitative Research in Education? Proceedings [Refereed],
15th IEEE/ACIS International Conference on Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Networking and Parallel/Distributed Computing (SNPD 2014), Las Vegas, NV, Jun. 30-Jul. 2, 2014
- Gautam, Y.N., Lee, C.,
Cheng, C. and Langefeld, C. (2014) An evaluation of the MiDCoP method for imputing allele frequency in genome wide association studies. Proceedings [Refereed],
15th IEEE/ACIS International Conference on Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Networking and Parallel/Distributed Computing (SNPD 2014), Las Vegas, NV, Jun. 30-Jul. 2, 2014. This paper is one of the 16 selected from 64 referred proceedings listed in the Springer Book Series on Computational Intelligence (SCI)
- Fu, C. and
Cheng, C. (2014) Unfulfilled Expectations and Promises, and Behavioral Outcomes,
International Journal of Organizational Analysis, vol. 22, issue 1, pp.61-75. DOI 10.1108/IJOA-08-2011-0505
- Cooray, K. and
Cheng, C. (2013) Bayesian estimators of the lognormal-Pareto composite distribution.
Scandinavian Actuarial Journal, DOI:10.1080/03461238.2013.853368
Cheng, C., Fu, C. and Kelly, J. P. (2013) Measuring psychological contracts and their consequences: Have we asked the right questions? Proceedings [Refereed],
Academy of Human Resource Development International Research Conference, Arlington, VA, Feb. 14-16, 2013
- Rogers, D. J., Ramaswamy, M.,
Cheng, C., Richter, K. and Kelly, J. P. (2012) Perceptions of Neighborhood Social Environment and Drug Dependence among Incarcerated Women and Men: A Cross-Sectional Analysis. Substance Abuse Treatment,
Prevention, and Policy, 7:39 DOI:10.1186/1747-597X-7-39
Cheng, C. and Speckman, P. (2012) Bayesian Smoothing Spline Analysis of Variance,
Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, vol. 56, issue 12, pp. 3945-3958
- Fu, C. and
Cheng, C. (2011) Psychological Contract Breaches and Their Consequences: Mediating Effects of Organization and Employee Performance. P.184-215, Proceedings [Refereed],
Academy of Human Resource Development International Research Conference, Chicago, IL, Jan. 23-26, 2011. Funded by the Taiwan National Science Council (ID:100-2914-I-424-004-A1, Amount USD 1,700).