SAVE THE DATE: Friday, November 6, 2020
- Deadline for participant registration and abstract submissions: Friday, October 23rd
- Deadline for pre-recorded talks: Friday, October 30th
- Deadline for image submissions: Friday, October 30th
- Deadline for attendee registration: Friday, November 6th
The Biology Department at Central Michigan University is excited to host its second Biology Undergraduate Research Symposium "We Do Research". Through their research, undergraduate students at CMU focus on real-world results, set the leadership standards, lift each other up, and amplify a Fired-Up attitude!
What is the format for the virtual meeting?
There are three ways for students to participate in the virtual meeting:
- Submit a pre-recorded talk
- Submit a pre-recorded talk and participate in a Q&A session
- Submit an abstract and pre-recorded talk, and participate in a Q&A session*
Pre-recorded research talks will be posted online for the CMU community to view asynchronously. If presenters select the Q&A session, then the Q&A and judging will take place on Friday afternoon. *Only students in category 3 are eligible for competitive research awards.
Who is eligible to attend?
Am I eligible to present?
- Anyone with a CMU global ID can view talks and participate in the Q&A sessions
- Some talks will also be available to educators, students, and collaborators
Undergraduates with mentor-supported, original research or instructor-supported, class based research are welcome to submit a pre-recorded talk.
Wednesday, 5pm | Talks posted on website for asynchronous viewing
Thursday, 5pm | Images posted online and voting is open
Friday, 3pm - 5pm | Students will be available for Q&A in personal WebEx rooms
Friday, 5pm - 5:30pm | Awards | Biosciences 1015