Dr. Mohanty is a professor in the Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry at Central Michigan University
- Ph.D. in Polymer Chemistry, Virginia Polytechnic Institute, 1983
- M.S. in Organic Chemistry, SUNY at Stony Brook, 1979
- M.Sc. in Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology, 1976
- American Chemical Society, Division of Polymer Chemistry
- Materials Research Society
Synthesis and characterization of:
- Cores for dendrimers
- Hyperbranched polymers
- Polymers for controlled release of pharmaceuticals
- Polymeric scavengers for heavy metal contaminant
- Polymer Science
- Organic Chemistry
- General Chemistry
- "Dichotomous effects of isomeric secondary amines containing an aromatic nitrile and nitro group on human aortic smooth muscle cells via inhibition of cystathionine-γ-lyase" Yajing Ji, Austin Bowersock, Alec R. Badour, Neeraj Vij, Stephen J. Juris, David E. Ash, Dillip K. Mohanty, Biochimie, 133, 103-111, 2017.
- "Two N-(2-phenylethyl) nitroaniline Derivatives as Precursors for Slow and Sustained Nitric Oxide Release Agents", Alec R. Badour, John. A. Wisniewski, Dillip K. Mohanty, Philip J. Squattrito, Acta Crystal. Sec. C, 72, 405-410, 2016.
- "Nicotine Exposure Induces Bronchial Epithelial Cell Apoptosis and Senescence via ROS Mediated Autophagy-impairment, M. Bodas, C. V. Westphal, R. C. Thompson, D. K. Mohanty, N. Vij, Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 97, 441-453, 2016.
- "The Thermal Instability of 2,4 and 2,6-N-Alkylamino Disubstituted and 2-N-Alkylamino Substituted Nitrobenzenes in Weakly Alkaline Solution: sec -Amino Effect" Christopher Walczak, Alec Badour, Colin B. Wade, Matthew Yonkey, Melissa Scheid, Thomas J. Payne, Dillip K. Mohanty, J. Het. Chem., 52, 681-687, 2015.
- "Slow and sustained nitric oxide releasing compounds inhibit multipotent vascular stem cell proliferation and differentiation without causing cell death”, Brandon M. Curtis, Kyle A. Leix, Yajing Ji, Richard Samuel Elliot Glaves, David E. Ash, Dillip K. Mohanty, Biochemical Biophysical Research Communication, 450, 208-212, 2014.
- "Poly(vinyl chloride) Plasticized with Mixtures of Succinate Di-Esters - Synthesis and Characterization," A. Stuart, C. Lee, D. LeCaptain, Dillip K. Mohanty, European Polymer Journal, 49, 2785-2791, (2013).
- "A Series of N-(2-phenethyl)nitroaniline derivatives as precursors for slow and sustained nitric oxide release agents," Colin B. Wade, Dillip K. Mohanty, Philip J. Squattrito, Nicholas J. Amato, Kristin Kirschbaum, Acta Crysta., C69, 1383-1389, (2013).
- "The Thermal Instability of 2,4 and 2,6-N-Alkylamino Disubstituted and 2-N-Alkylamino Substituted Nitrobenzenes in Weakly Alkaline Solution: sec-Amino Effect," Christopher Walczak, Alec Badour, Colin B. Wade, Matthew Yonkey, Melissa Scheid, Thomas J. Payne, Dillip K. Mohanty, J. Het. Chem. (2013, Accepted) DOI: 10.1002/jhet.2154.
- "Sustained nitric oxide (NO)-releasing compound reverses dysregulated signal transduction in priapism," Gwen Logada, Sena F. Sanzen, Joseph Hurt, Marcelo R. Cabrini, Dillip K. Mohanty, Arthur L. Burnett, FASEB J., 28, 78-84, 2014.
- "Secondary Amines Containing One Aromatic Nitro Group: Preparation, Nitrosation, Sustained Nitric Oxide Release, and the Synergistic Effects of Released Nitric Oxide and an Arginase Inhibitor on Vascular Smooth Muscle Cell Proliferation," Brandon Curtis, Thomas J. Payne, David E. Ash, Dillip K. Mohanty, Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry, 21, 1123, (2013).
- "Preparation and characterization of high efficiency modified activated carbon for the capture of mercury from flue gas in coal-fired power plants," Colin Wade, William Freas, James Student, Chad Thurman, David Matty, Dillip K. Mohanty, Fuel Processing Technology, 96, 107-117, (2012).
- "Effects of Slow, Sustained, and Rate-Tunable Nitric Oxide Donors on Smooth Muscle Cell Proliferations," Hao Yu, Thomas Payne, Dillip K. Mohanty, Chem. Biol. and Drug Des., 78, 527-534, (2011).
- "N, N'-Diethyl-4-nitrobenzene-1,3-diamine, 2,6-bis(ethylamino)-3-nitro-benzonitrile and bis(4-ethylamino-3-nitrophenyl)sulfone," T.J. Payne, C.R. Thurman, Hao Yu, Q. Sun, D.K. Mohanty, P.J. Squattrito, M.-R. Giolando, C.R. Brue and K. Krischbaum, Acta Crystallographica, Section C, C66, 369, (2010).
- "Poly(vinyl chloride) Plasticized with Succinate Esters: Synthesis and Characterization," A. Stuart, M. McCallum, D. Fan, D.J. LeCaptain, D.K. Mohanty, Polym. Bull. 65, 589, (2010). "Preparation and Properties of Polyamines: Part II - Controlled and Sustained Release of Nitric Oxide (NO) from Nitrosated Polymers," Jie Wang, Yu-Han Teng, Yu Hao, Justin Oh-Lee and Dillip K. Mohanty, Polymer J., 41, 715-725, (2009).
- "4,6-Dinitro-N,N’-di-n-octylbenzene-1,3-diamine,4,6-dinitro-N,N’-di-n-undecylbenzene-1,3-diamine and N,N’-bis(2,4-dinitrophenyl)octane-1,8-diamine” Gary Teng, Christopher P. Walczak, Philip J. Squattrito, Dillip K. Mohanty, William Scharere, Mark R. Giolando, and Kristin Kirschbaum, Acta Crystallographica, Section C, C65, 76, (2009).
- “1,3-Bis(N-ethylamino)-2-nitrobenzene, 1,3-Bis(N-octylamino)-2-nitrobenzene, and 7-N-ethyl-2-methylbenzimidazole”Christopher Walczak, Matthew Yonkey, Philip J. Squattrito, Kristin Kirschbaum, andDillip K. Mohanty, Acta Crystallographica, Section C, C64, 248 (2008).
- “Cross-linking of aromatic poly (thioethers)”, Matthew M. Yonkey, Christopher Crouse, Zhong-Biao Zhang, Dillip K. Mohanty, C. J. of Polymer Science, 25, #5, 509-517, (2007). “Molecular Dynamics Simulation of PAMAM Dendrimer-Fullerene Conjugates: Generations One through Four” Mark Kujawsk, Leela Rakesh, Kalpesh Gala, Anton Jensen, Bradley Fahlman, Zheng Rui Feng, and Dillip K. Mohanty, Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 7, 1670–1674 (2007).
- “Preparation and Characterization of Polyamines – Part I: Polymers Containing Two Aromatic Nitro Groups”, Y. H. Teng, G. Kaminski, Z. Zhang, A. Sharma, and D. K. Mohanty, Polymer, 47 (11), 4004 (2006).
- “Vicarious Michael Addition”, Z. Zhang, and D. K. Mohanty, C.Chem. Lett “. 17, 561, (2006).
- “Unimolecular Nanocontainer Based on Dendronized Polymers”, Z. Zhao, Y. H. Teng, W. Freas, and D. K. Mohanty, Macromol. Chem. Rapid Comm., 27, 626, (2006).
- “Preparation of Fullerene-Shell Dendrimer-Core Nanoconjugates”, A. Jensen, D. Swanson, D. Tomalia, B. Maru, Z. Xi, B. Fahlman, and Dillip. K. Mohanty, Nanoletters, 5, #6, 1171,(2005).
- “Photohydrolysis of Substituted Benzyl-Esters in Multilayered Polyelectrolyte Films”, Macromolecules, Anton W. Jensen*, Nikhilesh K. Desai, Brijesh S. Maru, and Dillip K. Mohanty*, Macromolecules, 37, 4196, (2004).
- “Preparation and Properties of Polystyrene-Poly(ether sulfone)-Polystyrene, A-B-A Triblock Copolymers, Macromol. Chem. Phys.,Z. Lei, L. Delano, and D. K. Mohanty, 202, #18, 3468 (2001).
- "Controlling the Permeability of Multilayed Polyelectrolyte Films through Derivatization, Crosslinking, and Hyfdrolysis”, J. Dai, A. W. Jensen, D. K. Mohanty, J. Erndt, and M. L. Bruening, Langmuir, 17, 931 (2001).
- "Secondary Amines Containing One Aromatic Nitro Group: Preparation, Nitrosation, Sustained Nitric Oxide Release, and the Synergistic Effects of Released Nitric Oxide and an Arginase Inhibitor on Vascular Smooth Muscle Cell Proliferation," Dillip K. Mohanty, Brandon Curtis, Thomas J. Payne, David E. Ash, Fifth International Conference on the Role of Nitrite and Nitrate in Physiology, Pathophysiology, and Therapeutics, Pittsburgh, PA, May 4-6, 2013.
- "Efficient Removal of Elemental and Ionic Mercury from Coal Fired Power Plant Flue Gas," Hope College, February 15, 2013.
“Structural Chemistry of Mono- and Di-substituted Nitrobenzenes With Pendant Alkylamino Substituents”, Philip J. Squattrito, Dillip K. Mohanty, Christopher P. Walczak, Gary Teng, Matthew M. Yonkey, Am. Cryst. Soc. Annual Meeting, Toronto, July, 2009.
- “Cross-linking of Aromatic Poly(thioethers)”, D. K. Mohanty, C. Crouse, M. Yonkey, Z. Zhao, ACS Annual Meeting, Slat Lake City, Utah, April, 2009.
- “Perchlorate Remediation Using New Nanoscale Dendritic Polymer Technology”, A. Mueller, S. Svenson, D. K. Mohanty, H. G. Abdelhady, S. Ashraf, V. Frawley, X. Song, D. Swanson, J. Wang, and M. A. Zhuravel, Water Purification Conference, California, October 2008.
- “Bio-based plasticizers for poly-vinyl chloride”, McCallum, M. M.; Fan, D.; Lee, C. Y.; Mohanty, D. K.; LeCaptain, D. J., 234th American Chemical Society National Meeting & Exposition Program, Boston, MA, 08/2007.
- “Nitrosated Polyamines as NO Donors”, NICOX Corporation, Milan, Italy, August 29, 2008.
“Sustained and Controlled Release of NO”, 5th International Conference on Nitric Oxide, Bregenz, Austria, Poster Presentation, August 24-28, 2008.
- “NO Donating Polymers”, Department of Urology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, August 20, 2008.