Dr. Ugur is a professor of Computer Science at Central Michigan University
- Ph.D., Computer Science, Wayne State University
- Computer Graphics
- Digital Image Processing
- Pattern Recognition
Ugur, A. and Conrad, M., "Techniques for enhancing neuronal evolvability," to appear in Neurocomputing Journal (2001), accepted for publication.
- Ugur, A. and Conrad, M., "The evolution friendly pattern processor," to appear in Communication and Cognition-Artificial Intelligence (2001), accepted for publication.
- Ugur, A. and Conrad, M., "Building evolution friendliness into cellular automaton dynamics: the cytomatrix neuron model," in Proceedings of the 1999 Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC99, Washington DC, USA, July 1999), Vol. 3, pp. 2071-2077, IEEE, Piscataway, NJ.
- Ugur, A. and Conrad, M., "Structuring pattern generalization through evolutionary techniques," in Lecture Notes in Computer Science 1213 (Evolutionary Programming VI), eds. P. J. Angeline, R. G. Reynolds, J. R. McDonnell, R. Eberhart, pp. 311-321. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany, 1997.
- Ugur, A. and Conrad, M., "Multiple level evolutionary learning in neuronal pattern recognition," in Evolutionary Programming IV, eds. J. R. McDonnell, R. G. Reynolds, and D. B. Fogel, pp. 271-288. MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 1995.