Dr. Murthy is a professor of Computer Science at Central Michigan University
- Ph.D., Computer Science, University of Illinois at Urbana, Champaign, 1974
- M.Tech. EE, Indian Institute of Kanpur, India, 1969
- B.E., Electronics and Communications, Engineering College, Kakinada, India, 1967
- Data mining
- Pattern recognition
- Computer vision
- Computer architecture
KASER - A Third Generation Expert System" (with Rubin et al), Proceedings of 3rd International Conference on Information Reuse and Integration, Nov 2001.
- "Trace Driven Simulation of Dynamic Branch Prediction Schemes" (with Akhtar and Gamez), SIMULATION, Vol 74, No. 4, pp 227-242, April 2000.
- "A CBT solution for Teaching and Learning of Introductory Concepts in Computer Science" (with Hu), Proceedings of 1999 Small College Computing Symposium, April 1999.
- "Simulation of Synchronization Methods in Multimedia Systems" (with Akhtar and Tang), Proceedings of 1998 Symposium on Performance Evaluation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems, July 1998.