Dr. Mower is a member of the Meteorological Society.
- Ph.D., Meteorology, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1981
- M.S., Atmospheric Science, Colorado State University, 1977
- B.S., Physics & Meteorology, University or Reading - United Kingdom, 1975
- Tropical Convection
- Monsoon Meteorology,
- Boundary Layer Meteorology
- Dynamic Meteorology
- Cloud Physics
- Severe Weather
- 2010: Air Toxic Emissions from Snowmobiles in Yellowstone National Park. Environ.Sci. Technol., 44, 222-228.
- 2008: Blowing Smoke in Yellowstone: Air Quality Impacts of Oversnow Motorized Recreation in the Park. Environmental Management, 41 (2), 183-199.
- 1988: Airmass Transformation over the South China Sea during a Moderate Cold Surge in Winter MONEX. Quart. J. Roy. Met.Soc., 114, 91-113.
- 1987: Airmass transformation in the Winter MONEX. Shan Xi Province Met. Sci. and Tech. Quarterly, 36, 11-21.
- 1984: Mean State of the Troposphere over Southeast Asia and the East Indies in December, 1978. Quart. J. Roy. Met.Soc.,110, 1023-1033.
- 1979: A Case Study of GATE Convective Activity. Atmosphere-Ocean, 17, 46-59.