Dr. Lin is a professor of Mathematics at Central Michigan University
- Ph.D., Johns Hopkins University, 1982
- B.S., National Taiwan University, 1975
Honors and Awards
- UT CTE Teaching Enhancement Award, 1995
- UCLA IPAM Fellow, 2002
- CMU Faculty Distinguished Service Award, 2017
- Applied and Computational Mathematics
- Wavelet Analysis and Applications
- Mathematical Physics
- Complex Geometry
- Applied Mathematics
Selected Recent Publications
- Y. R. Syau, C. J. Liau, and E. B. Lin, On Variable Precision Generalized Rough Sets and Incomplete Decision Tables, Fundamenta Informaticae. Volume 179, 75-92, 2021.
- C. J. Liau, E. B. Lin, and Y. R. Syau, On Consistent Functions for Neighborhood Systems, International Journal of Approximate Reasoning, Volume 121, 39-58, June 2020.
- Y.R. Syau, E.B. Lin, C.J. Liau, Fuzzy Binary Rough Set, International Journal of Uncertainty, Fuzziness and Knowledge-based Systems. Vol. 28, No. 2, 317-329, 2020.
- E. B. Lin and Eric Linton, Comparisons of BRAT1 Gene Variants, Communications in Information and Systems, volume 19, number 4, 375-390, 2019.
- M. Mohammad and E. Lin, Gibbs Phenomenon in Tight Framelet Expansions, Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, 55, 84-92, 2018.
- X. Zheng, Y. Kim, L. Rakesh and E. B. Lin, A Conservative and Variation Preserving Finite Volume Method for Non-overlapping Meshes of Reaction and Diffusion in Angiogenesis, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, v. 275, 183-196, 2015.
- Q. D. Katatbeh, Y. Al-Jarrah and E. B. Lin, Numerical Solution of Integral- algebraic Equations of Index One Using Discretized Method, Nonlinear Studies, Vol. 21, No. 4, 1-11, 2014.
- Y. R. Syau and E. B. Lin, Neighborhood systems and Covering Approximation Spaces, Knowledge-Based Systems, Vol. 66, 61-67, 2014.
- E. B. Lin, On Nonhomogeneous A-Harmonic Equations and 1-Harmonic Equations, Journal of Inequalities and Applications, 346308, 2010.
- N. Liu and E. B. Lin, Legendre Wavelet Method for Numerical Solutions of Partial Differential Equations, Numerical Methods of Partial Differential Equation, vol. 26, no. 1, 81-94, 2010.
- “Comparisons of BRAT1 Gene Variants”, Invited Speaker, Computational and Mathematical Bioinformatics and Biophysics Conference, Tsinghua Sanya International Mathematics Forum, December 9-13, 2019.
- “Big Data Analytics, Generalized Fuzzy Rough Approximations and Comparisons of Gene Variants”, Invited Keynote Speaker at the 8th International Conference on Computer Technology and Science, Hong Kong, December 8, 2019.
- “Generalized Fuzzy Rough Approximations in Analyzing Large Scale Information Systems”, Invited Keynote Speaker, the 4th IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing and Big Data Analysis, Chengdu, China, April 12-15, 2019.
- “Big Data Analytics and Variable Precision Model in Analyzing Information Systems”, Invited Keynote Speaker, the 3rd IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing and Big Data Analysis, Chengdu, China, April 20-22, 2018.
- “Big Data Analytics for Approximations in Information Systems” Invited Keynote Speaker, the Second International Conference on Cloud Computing and Big Data Analysis, Chengdu, China, April 28-30, 2017.
- “Advanced Computing and Big Data Analytics” Invited Distinguished Keynote Speaker, the Third International Conference on Emerging Technologies in Computer Science and Engineering, Vijayawada, India, October 17-18, 2016.
- “Rough Set Theory, Advanced Computing and Big Data Analytics”, Invited Keynote Speaker, the First International Conference on Cloud Computing and Big Data Analysis, Chengdu, China, July 2016.
- “Multi-scale and Topological Methods in Image Processing”, Invited Keynote Speaker, the 8th International Conference on Digital Image Processing, Chengdu, China, May 2016.
- “An Overview of Data Mining and Rough Set Theory”, Invited Keynote Speaker, 4th International Conference on Database and Data Mining, Chicago, USA, July 2-3, 2015.
- “Rough Set Based and Computational Applications in Data Mining”, Applied Logics Seminar Series, Institute of Information Science, Academia Sinica, Taiwan, June 13, 2014.
CMU Faculty Research and Creative Endeavors Type A Research Grant “Medical Image Analysis and Decision Tables with Applications to Big Data Analysis.” (PI), 2016, $3,130.
- CMU Mathematics Bridge Program, FERRET program (PI), 2009, $45,000.
- Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) Site in Mathematics, Sponsored by National Science Foundation (Senior Personnel), 2009, $199,952.
- An Innovative Image Analysis System for Maintenance of Transportation Facility, MIOH-UTC (Co-PI), 2008, $24,000.
- Team Building and Training of a National-Competitive Research Group at University of Toledo to Participate in the NSF-NEON, Interdisciplinary Research Initiation Awards (Co-PI), 2005, $30,000.
- Teacher Quality Grants, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (PI), 2004, $159,936
- NSF Scientific Computing Research (Co-PI), 1992, $44,000.