Dr. Famoye is a professor of Mathematics at Central Michigan University
- Elected into International Statistical Institute (since 1990),
- International Association for Statistical Computing,
- American Statistical Association,
- Mid-Michigan Chapter of American Statistical Association
Honors and Awards
Academic, Teaching, & Service Awards
- Fulbright Scholarship Award, 2009-2010
- President’s Award for Outstanding Research and Creative Activity, 2005
- Central Michigan University Research Professorship, 1998
- Central Michigan University Research Professorship, 1994
- Central Michigan University Summer Fellowship, 1990
- The University of Calgary Fellowship Award, 1988
- Winner of the International Statistical Institute Competition, 1987
- College of Science & Technology Outstanding Teaching Award, 2005
- Included in Academic Keys Who’s Who in Sciences Higher Education, 2004
- American Statistical Association Mid-Michigan Chapter Service Award, 1998
- Central Michigan University Excellence in Teaching Award, 1997
- Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship Award, 1983
- Ph.D., University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada, 1986
- B.Sc., (Hons), University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria, 1980
- Research in Statistics & Statistical Consulting
- Graduate and Undergraduate Courses in Applied and Theoretical Statistics
Selected Publications & Presentations
Famoye, On the bivariate negative binomial regression model. Accepted by
Journal of Applied Statistics, 2009.
- Shubiao Li, Dennis Black, Carl Lee, Felix
Famoye and Sung Li, Dependence models arising from the Lagrangian probability distributions. Accepted by
Communications in Statistics: Theory & Methods, 2009.
- Alfred Akinsete, Felix
Famoye and Carl Lee, The beta-Pareto distribution.
Statistics, 42(6), 547-563, 2008.
Famoye, Bivariate generalized Poisson regression model.
Advances and Applications in Statistics, 9(1), 53-69, 2008.
- Shubiao Li, Carl Lee, and Felix
Famoye, On certain mixture distributions based on Lagrangian probability models.
Journal of Probability and Statistical Science, 6, 91-100, 2008.
- Ilknur Özmen and Felix
Famoye, Count regression models with an application to zoological data containing structural zeros.
Journal of Data Science, 5(4), 491-502, 2007.
- Carl Lee, Felix
Famoye and Olugbenga Olumolade, Beta-Weibull distribution: Some properties and applications to censored data.
Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods, 6(1), 173-186, 2007.
- Carl Lee, John Daniels and Felix
Famoye, A real-time web-based system to facilitate meaningful learning in statistics. In C. Montgomerie and J. Seale (Eds),
Refereed Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2007 (pp. 3619-3627). Chesapeake, VA: AACE, 2007.
- Mavis Pararai, Felix
Famoye and Carl Lee, Generalized Poisson regression model for underreported counts.
Advances and Applications in Statistics, 6(3), 305-322, 2006.
- P.C. Consul, and Felix
Famoye, Harish probability distribution and its applications.
Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications, 5(1), 17-30, 2006.
Famoye and K.P. Singh, Zero-inflated generalized Poisson regression model with applications to domestic violence data.
Journal of Data Science, 4(1), 117-130, 2006.
- Shubiao Li, Felix
Famoye and Carl Lee, On some extensions of the Lagrangian probability distributions.
Far East Journal of Theoretical Statistics, 18(1), 25-41, 2006.
- Isola Ajiferuke, Dietmar Wolfram and Felix
Famoye, Sample size and informetric model goodness-of-fit outcomes: A search engine log case.
Journal of Information Science, 32, 212-222, 2006.
- Carl Lee and Felix
Famoye, Teaching statistics using a real-time online database created by students In Allan Rossman and Beth Chance (Eds.),
Refereed Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Teaching Statistics (CD-ROM). Salvador, Brazil, 2006.
- P.C. Consul and Felix
Famoye, Lagrangian Probability Distributions. Birkhäuser, Boston, MA, 2006
- J.N. Inungu and Felix
Famoye, Statistics for Biological and Health Sciences. Kendall/Hunt Publishing Company, Dubuque, Iowa, 2006
- Bivariate generalized Poisson regression model. Presented at the Joint Statistical Meetings (JSM) held in Salt Lake City, Utah (July 29 - August 2, 2007).
- Evaluation of students’ learning in real-time online activities environment (with Carl Lee). Presented at the Joint Statistical Meetings (JSM) held in Seattle, WA (August 6-10, 2006).
- Teaching basic statistics using real-time hands-on activities (with Carl Lee). Presented at the Michigan Council of Teachers of Mathematics 57th Annual Conference held in Holt, Michigan (August 9-11, 2006).