Dr. Watts is an assistant professor of mathematics at Central Michigan University.
- Member of the American Mathematics Society
- B.Sc., University of Calgary, 2004
- M.Sc., University of Calgary, 2006
- M.Sc., University of Toronto, 2007
- Ph.D., University of Toronto, 2012
- Complex Analysis
- Differential Topology
- Generalisations of Smooth Structures
- Lie Group Actions
- Symplectic Geometry
- Hamiltonian Group Actions
- Data Analysis, expecially applied to data concerning drought
Selected Recent Publications
A full list of publications can be found here
- Derek Krepski and Jordan
Watts, Differential cocycles and Dixmier-Douady bundles,
J. Geom. Phys., Vol. 130 (2018), 168-183.
- Jean-Pierre Magnot and Jordan
Watts, The diffeology of Milnor's classifying space,
Topol. Appl., Vol. 232 (2017), 189-213.
- Susan Tolman and Jordan
Watts, Tame circle actions,
Trans. Amer. Math. Soc., Vol. 369 (2017), 7443-7467.
Watts, The differential structure of an orbifold, Rocky Mountain
J. Math., Vol. 47 (2017), 289-327.
- Yael Karshon and Jordan
Watts, Basic forms and orbit spaces: a diffeological approach, SIGMA Symmetry Integrability
Geom. Methods Appl., Vol. 12 (2016), 026, 19 pages
- Jiayong Li and Jordan
Watts, The orientation-preserving diffeomorphism group of S^2 deforms to SO(3) smoothly, Transformation Groups,
Springer, Vol. 16, No. 2, 2011, pp. 537-553.
- Tsasa Lusala, Jędrzej Śniatycki, and Jordan
Watts, Regular points of a subcartesian space,
Canad. Math. Bull., Vol. 53 (2), 2010, pp. 340-346.