Dr. Marcinek is a professor of Mathematics at Central Michigan University
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)
- The Mathematical Association of America (MAA)
- Slovak Mathematical Society (SMS)
- Union of Slovak Mathematicians and Physicists (ISMF)
- Ph.D., Comenius University in Bratislava, Slovakia, 2002
- M.Sc., Comenius University in Bratislava, Slovakia, 1995
- Mathematical and technological knowledge for teaching K-8 mathematics and related cross-national issues
- Open-source dynamic geometry systems in K-8 education
- Mathematics for elementary teachers
- Geometry for K-8 teachers
- Mathematical structures for K-8 teachers
- History of elementary mathematics for K-8 teachers
Marcinek, T.: Geometric Constructions as Interactive Java Applets with Automated Feedback.
Presentation at Joint Mathematics Meetings, San Francisco, California, 2010.
Marcinek, T.: (2009): So You Think You Can Find the Midpoint In: Matematics from the Perspective of Primary Education, University of Banská Bystrica, Slovakia.
Marcinek, T.: Personal Experience as a Reference Point for Interpretations of International Comparisons: Fragments from Qualitative Research.
Presentations at the 10th International Congress on Mathematical Education, Copenhagen, Denmark 2004.
Marcinek, T.: On Initiatives with Impact on Education of Mathematics Teachers in the Slovak Republic. Presentation referenced in:
Proceedings of the 9th International Congress on Mathematical Education. Kluwer Academic Publishers Tokyo, Japan, 2004.