Dr. Perdikakis is a professor in the Department of Physics at Central Michigan University.
- Ph.D., Nuclear Physics, National Technical University of Athens, Greece, 2006
- Masters in Applied Mathematical and Physical Sciences, National Technical University of Athens, Greece, 2003
- Degree in Physics, University of Ioannina, Greece, 2000
- Experimental Nuclear Physics and Nuclear Astrophysics
- Driven by the nuclear reactions happening in their interior, stars evolve, give rise to spectacular phenomena and produce the chemical elements our world is made of. To understand how stellar processes occur we need to understand the nuclear reactions that fuel them. We can do this in the laboratory by performing suitable experiments. We are currently designing such nuclear astrophysics experiments at the nation's premier accelerator facilities for nuclear physics and building the instrumentation needed.