Barnes Hall, opened in 1951, has been razed as part of ongoing residence life upgrades.
The construction site — including Lot 15 — is fenced and off-limits. The project also has closed the service drive and loading dock on the west side of the Bovee University Center.
Mechanical improvements to Powers Hall in connection with the project will close the southwest section of the first and second floors through Aug. 9. The Barnes kitchen will be closed through Aug. 9.
Project completion is scheduled Aug. 22.
After demolition is complete, a green space and a commemorative sign will mark the space where Barnes stood.