A number of construction projects this summer will transform campus and enhance CMU's educational environment. The projects involving campus buildings include:
- completing construction of the Biosciences Building, which will conclude Sept. 2, allowing crews to then prepare the facility for classes and research to begin in January 2017;
- laying the groundwork for Grawn Hall reconstruction including a 16,200-square-foot renovation of existing space and a 6,600-square-foot, two-story addition to the west of the building;
- installing two new CMU gateway projects along Mission Street and the first phase of new building identity and vehicular directional signs across campus, as part of the CMU Campus Identity Plan;
- bringing new technology and a collaborative learning space to the second floor of Park Library as a part of the building’s master plan;
- renovating Room 1250 of the Health Professions Building to create a student service court. The $213,100 project, to be completed July 1, will provide holistic services to empower students to pursue academic and personal success;
- replacing Quiznos in the Bovee University Center with a Burrito Bowl. The area will be under construction June 20 through Aug. 12;
- upgrading the 25-year-old Student Activity Center pool with features including handicap accessibility, LED lighting, new filtration and chemical treatment systems, energy saving mechanical systems, and a new pool deck and shell;
- installing new turf at Kelly/Shorts Stadium, a $620,000 project that began June 6 and will run through July 23;
- reconstructing the south four tennis courts along Broomfield Road. The courts will be closed June 6 through July 29;
- renovating men’s and women’s restrooms in Warriner Hall to become handicap accessible. New fixtures, flooring and tile also will be installed; and
- wrapping up construction by Lodgco of the 140-room, five-story Courtyard by Marriott at CMU. The hotel, adjacent to Kelly/Shorts Stadium, is scheduled to open July 1.
A number of additional projects also are planned for various sections of campus that will affect exterior areas and sidewalks, resulting in some periodic parking lot closures.
Read about the individual projects through the links posted on the upper right corner of this page.
Watch for Our CMU and CMU Today email messages for reports including road and parking lot closures, detours, and construction updates throughout the summer.