Welcome to the print coursepacks request page for on-campus faculty.
At CMU, the production and sale of print coursepacks is handled by the
CMU Bookstore. Please read the guidelines below before completing the online request forms.
- Coursepacks are to be used for required class materials.
- Copyright permission is required every time an item is
included in a coursepack. There is no first-time, fair use waiver with
- Coursepacks that do not include copyrighted materials (such
as cartoons, articles, and book excerpts) may be dropped off at CMU
Printing Services or any at copy center affiliated with Printing
Services. Instructors will be asked to sign a statement confirming that
no copyrighted materials are included in the coursepack.
- The CMU Bookstore, located in the Bovee University Center, will
- Obtain copyright clearance for all items, either through
the Copyright Clearance Center or by contacting copyright holders
- Provide the required statement of copyright on the first page of each item.
- You must fill out the Requestor Information Form as well as
the copyright forms if this is a new request. If you are re-using
material from a previous semester, you simply need to complete the
Requestor Information Form.
- For best results, please submit coursepack requests ten weeks prior to the start of class.
- If usage permission is denied or the copyright holder cannot
be located, an item will not be included in the coursepack. Copyright
clearance for a substitute item may be requested.
- All coursepacks will be sold through the CMU Bookstore. This
allows students to apply the charge to their financial aid accounts.
- If a substitute professor is brought in to teach a course,
the substitute professor will be asked to use the coursepack created by
the original professor.
If you wish to assemble a coursepack or have any questions about this, please contact Chris Seymour in the Bookstore at firstname.lastname@example.org or (989) 774-1584.