CFR provides services to the campus community, as well as corporations and foundations to help create strategic and well-coordinated relationships that are beneficial to all partners.
The office acts as a liaison, connecting the funding priorities of corporations and foundations with the opportunities available through CMU. In this role, CFR provides services to both the university community and to our corporate and foundation partners. We work with campus development staff to provide:
- Identify potential corporate and foundations funders
- Research funding guidelines, deadlines, and procedures for prospects
- Assist in connecting initiatives across campus as appropriate to strengthen funding requests.
- Work with faculty, administration, and development staff to create specific strategies for engaging potential corporate and foundation funders, including campus visits, class presentations, recruiting opportunities, job fairs, etc.
- Establish initial communication with corporate and foundation prospects through personal visits, phone calls, or letters of inquiry
- Draft, review, edit proposal submissions
- Coordinate submissions to avoid duplication of funding requests or multiple requests to the same prospects
- Provide follow-up to pending proposals and assist in finalizing gift agreements
- Assure necessary pledge documents and gifts are properly recorded
- Work with development staff to appropriately acknowledge corporate & foundation donors through media, university publications, and giving societies
- Maintain ongoing relationships with corporate & foundation funders