Campus Diversity Symposium
Due to COVID-19 precautions, the DEI Symposium is now transitioning to an online, virtual summit and will be active and available from its launch mid-April to mid-June. Please return to this page for links to engage with the successes of some of the initiatives by the units and our keynote speaker: Amy Andrews, CMU alum and U.S. Department of Defense Senior Executive.
Soup & Substance 2019-2020
Join members of the community, faculty, students and staff around a provided dinner and loosely facilitated topic of conversation often of controversial topics. All conversations in this series take place from 12-1p in the Terrace Rooms.
- September 25, 2019 Hispanic Heritage Month Going Beyond "Hola"
- November 13, 2019 Native American Heritage Month
- February 12, 2020 Black History Month
- March 25, 2020 Students Respond to COVID-19 Chipcast: "Coping with College, Culture and COVID-19
- April 6, 2020 Chipcast: Arab-American Heritage
- April 22, 2020 Asian Pacific Islander Heritage Month
Conversations that Matter 2019-2020
Join members of the community, faculty, students and staff around a provided dinner and loosely facilitated topic of conversation often of controversial topics. All conversations in this series are from 5-7pm in Powers Ballroom except the final Michigan Primary conversation which will be held in the Rotunda.
- September 25, 2019 Gun Rights and Public Safety
- November 13, 2019 Abortion and Reproductive Health
- January 29, 2020 The Future of our Planet/Climate Change
- March 4, 2020 Michigan Primary
If you have been in attendance to any of the Diversity Education programs and events, feel free to provide feedback here.