What should I do before the migration?
You don't have to do too much. You will probably want to close Outlook on your computer so that the post-migration reconfiguration is a little quicker.
No email, rules, or signatures are expected to be lost. However, if you'd like to take extra precautions, you can contact the Help Desk for assistance with configuring the Druva backup client to back up your local email data.
What should I do during the migration?
Sleep! We will be migrating mailboxes between 3 a.m. and 7 a.m. the morning of your scheduled migration. You should try to stay out of email during this time, which should be easy for many of us as it's early in the morning.
We understand that some of you have shifts during this time or may even just be night owls, so please be patient! You may experience intermittent connectivity issues or delays in sending/receiving email while your mailbox is being migrated.
What should I do after the migration?
While we expect no data loss, it's typically a good idea to do a quick check after a migration like this.
- Open Outlook. You may need to enter your credentials and restart before Outlook connects with Office 365.
- Create a new mail message and verify your signature is in tact.
- Review your rules to ensure everything is as it was.
- If you had delegates, confirm they still have the appropriate access.
- If you had access to shared calendars, verify they are still accessible.
- Check your mobile devices. If email is not up-to-date on them, please visit the OIT Mobile Phone page.
And, as always, if you experience any issues or have questions along the way, please don't hesitate to contact the Help Desk. Contact details on the right.