Media Graphix is looking to hire three full-time student designers to start this summer and may continue throughout the student's time at CMU. Positions are paid $9.65/hr on a biweekly pay schedule.
Join our creative team
At Media Graphix, you take the lead to create stunning marketing and promotional materials for Central Michigan University. Advance your career with leadership, graphic arts and active learning experiences.
Am I eligible?
- Become part of the university's only student-lead design agency.
- Work with experts as the student partner agency to University Communications.
- Design your own experience focused on finding what we can do for you.
- Earn a wage and gain experience, all while doing what you love.
- Collaborate with more than 200 campus clients and partners.
- Full-time undergraduate student studying graphic design or a related degree.
- 20 hours a week Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. during the fall/spring and 40 hours a week in the summer.
- Flexible work swap schedules and summer availability.
- Availability to work both in person and remote as needed.
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator with knowledge of After Effects.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects, sometimes on tight deadlines.
- Must be a highly organized and self-motivated individual.
- Evaluate projects to provide accurate job estimates and final statements to clients.
- Collaborate and communicate with clients on a daily basis.
- Translate ideas into stunning promotional pieces for clients across the university.
- Collaborate with Printing Services to request print quotes and review printer proofs to produce final products.
- Coordinate meetings and develop project timelines.
- Willingness to learn new skillsets, seek out innovation and explore ideas.
- Follow processes and work within a project management system.
- Uphold excellent customer service and values set by CMU's leadership standards.
Submit the online application and email the following materials to email@example.com:
- Three portfolio samples: one print, one digital and a third of your choosing.
Provide a brief explanation as to why you chose each.
- A link to your portfolio.
- Cover letter and resume.
- FINAL work availability for the fall, spring and summer.
- Two letters of recommendation.