University Communications is Central Michigan University's public relations, marketing and creative department — communicating for the university as a whole and serving colleges and departments throughout campus. As part of University Communications, Media Graphix is a student-run agency offering graphic design and photography services to the campus community. We will consider applications from interns who demonstrate an established understanding of the photographic process and have maintained a regularly updated portfolio for more than one year. Preference will be given to students who are able to commit to multiple semesters or a full year.
- Produce images to support Central Michigan University's brand in a positive light.
- Participate in creative brainstorms and the development of communication plans for university wide efforts.
- Be able to balance a non-traditional work schedule with punctuality and professionalism.
- Collaborate well with fellow photographers, writers and cinematographers.
- Maintain a professional appearance, demeanor, and approach. Interns are paid minimum wage bi-weekly and expected to work approximately up to 20 hours per week in the office on campus under the guidance of our professional staff. This internship qualifies for credit, if needed.
- Earning an undergraduate degree in graphic design, public relations, journalism or a related area of study.
- Displays excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Availability to work both in person and remote as needed.
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator with knowledge of After Effects.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects, sometimes on tight deadlines.
- Evaluate projects to provide accurate job estimates and final statements to clients.
- Must be a highly organized and self-motivated individual.
- Ability to provide photography and photo editing for a variety of platforms, including social media, website and print.
- Collaborate with campus partners to request quotes, review proofs and organize installs.
- Ability to work in a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Follow processes and work within a project management system.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and uphold CMU's Leadership Standards.
To apply for the internship:
- Submit an online application.
- Include a cover letter, resume and link to your online portfolio.
- Questions? Email email@example.com