On- and off-campus job opportunities are available to CMU students, regardless of financial need, who are enrolled at least half time each semester. Students receive a paycheck every two weeks based on the number of hours worked. Pay rates are comparable to federal minimum wage guidelines. Students who work under the Federal Work Study  program are reminded that earnings should be used to help meet educational expenses for the academic year.

Need-based Employment Programs:

Students must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for need-based employment.  The OSFA offers Federal Work Study (FWS)  awards to eligible students on the basis of financial need and an on-time application for a maximum of eight semesters of eligibility. Jobs for students receiving FWS  awards are posted throughout the academic year in the Student Employment Office, located in the Bovee University Center.  

Non-need-based Employment Program:

Central Michigan University funded General Student Assistance (GSA) positions are available to all students on a no-need, competitive basis. Placements for GSA jobs are processed through the Student Employment Office, located in the Bovee University Center.


1200 S. Franklin St • Mount Pleasant, Mich. 48859
Phone: 989-774-4000

CMU is an AA/EO institution, providing equal opportunity to all persons, including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. | CentralLink
Copyright Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, Mich. 48859 | Phone 989-774-4000 | Privacy Policy | Feedback | Full Site