Preparatory coursework refers to courses a student is required to take in order to be officially admitted into a regular degree program. These courses do not count toward the requirements of that degree program.
A student taking preparatory coursework must contact financial aid and work individually with a financial aid officer.
• Student must be enrolled in preparatory coursework REQUIRED for admission to a regular graduate or graduate/professional degree program.
• Student must be enrolled at least half-time (6 credits).
• Only those courses REQUIRED for admission may be considered when determining enrollment level and student aid eligibility.
• The student and their academic advisor must complete the Certification of Degree Status form. The completed form should be sent to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid. .
• Aid eligibility is limited to Federal Direct Stafford Loans.
• Loan amounts are the same as undergraduate seniors.
• Loan eligibility is limited to a single consecutive 12-month period.
• Students will be monitored throughout the enrollment period to ensure they remain eligible.