One of the key components of a well-rounded college education involves what students learn outside of the classroom – whether it’s a volunteer experience or a study abroad trip that leads them to a unique understanding of a different culture.
Here are a few ways you can get involved at CMU:
- Join an organization. Our Registered Student Organizations (RSO) offer hundreds of different groups centered on activities or social and service interests. Explore our +300 Registered Student Organizations here.
- Volunteer. For generations, CMU students have found that giving back is a great way to learn about the world, empathize with people who are less fortunate and meet some quality people along the way. Visit the Volunteer Center.
- Study abroad. Going abroad can give you a unique perspective, helping you learn about the many cultures that make up our planet. Get started at the Office of Study Abroad.
- Explore our leadership programs. CMU's Leadership Institute offers programs to help develop your leadership skills, and even more deeply explore both theory and practice through a leadership minor.
- Enjoy CMU’s many events, exhibits, and performances. There are always a variety of events going on around campus, from lectures to musical performances. View CMU's event calendar for a glimpse of what’s coming up.
- Sign up for a living and learning community. Explore CMU's living and learning communities, halls specifically designed around a particular academic interest or a focus, such as leadership or service.