While away from home for the first time, one of the primary responsibilities of college students is to take responsibility for their health and safety.
Here are a few organizations that can help you.
- Counseling Center – CMU's Counseling Center offers free, confidential sessions to CMU students who are facing a variety of emotional issues, from homesickness to test anxiety.
- CMU Police – Offering services such as vehicle registration, Safe Rides and community policing in the residence halls
- Safe Rides – A student-staffed service that provides free safety escorts on campus between 8 p.m. and 1 a.m. Sunday through Wednesday, and between 8 p.m. and 2 a.m. Thursday through Saturday (774-HELP)
- Sexual Aggression Peer Advocates (SAPA) – An on-campus group that promotes awareness about sexual assault with a student staffed, confidential crisis line (774-CALL)
- University Health Services – Located in Foust Hall, this medical clinic is open to CMU students and offers sexual health services, exams, allergy services and more.