​Order of Assignments to Single Student Apartments 
(Northwest Apartments):

  • Graduate Students
  • Single undergraduate students who have completed four semesters of college 
  • Student 21 years of age and older
  • Veteran with one or more years of active service
Order of Assignments to Family Housing and Faculty/Staff Apartments
(Kewadin Village):
  • Student and spouse with their children living with them
  • Student living with child/children but not living with spouse (widowed, divorced, separated, etc.)
  • Student and spouse without children
  • Student living with child/children and a roommate approved by the Office of Residence Life
  • Single graduate students
  • Full time faculty or administrative staff members either married, single, or living with (OEI) Other Eligible Individual
The following priority categories will be in effect only when vacancies exist and only for a one year contract (or the remaining portion thereof) with renewal being based on the number of applicants in the higher priority categories.
  • Single students over 21 with 86 or more semester hours.
  • Full time university staff member who is enrolled for at least three class hours, either married or single.
Student´s spouse and children must all occupy the assigned unit. Children listed on the application must be physically present. Housing is provided only for the student, spouse and their children. Any change in immediate family must be reported in writing to the Office of Residence Life within 10 days after the change occurs.

The applicant must be a full-time Central Michigan University student at the time of move-in. The student must maintain minimum hourly requirements while living in a university apartment; or have a written exemption.​​

Order of Assignments to New Graduate Apartments

  • Single graduate student​​​​​​​​​​​