Requests to transfer from a one-bedroom to a two-bedroom or from a two-bedroom to a three-bedroom apartment will be accepted under the following conditions:
- Families with children, or where the mother is expecting or adopting within three months from the date of the assignment will be given priority over families having no children for the two-bedroom apartments.
- Families with three or more children will be given priority over families having a lesser number for the three bedroom apartments.
- Consideration in approving requests of any kind will include number of children, age of children, extreme and/or extenuating circumstances.
Requests to transfer, if approved, will be honored as soon as an apartment becomes available under the following conditions:
- A $20.00 administrative fee will be charged for any ´convenience´ move. A convenience move is defined as a move from one apartment to another apartment with the same number of bedrooms. The fee will be assessed when the move is completed.
- At the time of transfer, the resident is responsible for the rent and condition of both apartments until the keys from the old apartment are delivered to the Apartment Supervisor, indicating the apartment is officially vacated. This means the resident will pay double rent a minimum of one day.
Approved requests for transfer will be placed on a waiting list and usually do not occur until summer, when most openings occur. Refusal of apartment assignment will result in cancellation of transfer request.