Process for Fall 2017 Positions
Applications are due by noon on Monday, January 16, 2017.
Application Tips - Make the best first impression by following these guidelines:
- Review the application before completing it.
- Answer all parts of each question. Be thorough and give examples, but try not to duplicate information.
- Be aware of things you are indicating on your application. During your interview, you may be asked to elaborate on your experiences.
- Follow the directions carefully and report accurate information.
- Check for spelling and grammatical errors.
- Please contact your listed references to ask permission to use them as references.
- Have someone proofread your application to make sure it clearly represents your strengths and your interest in the position(s) for which you are applying.
- Only submit the application once you have proofread and reviewed your application thoroughly.
After the application is submitted, the selection process for Resident Assistant and Multicultural Advisor candidates includes the following:
- Position processing, where candidates meet with at least one RHD from each interview group.
- Individual interviews between the candidate and RHDs in the interview group.
- After interviews are finished, RHDs will make their placement decisions.
- Job offers will be made accordingly. Candidates not receiving MA positions who have also applied for RA positions and have been invited to continue in the RA selection process may do so.
All candidates will be notified of their status through a letter from the Office of Residence Life. All offers will be made contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
The Assistant Directors of Residence Life retain the right to approve all decisions.
Candidates With Internships/Study Abroad Programs Spring 2017:
Students in this situation will need to apply by noon on November 23, 2016. Interviews will be conducted before the end of finals week. Students will know early in the spring semester whether they will continue to be considered for Fall positions. Final hire and status decisions will not be made until prior to spring break.
"CMU, an AA/EO institution, strongly and actively strives to increase diversity within its community." (see www.cmich.edu/aaeo.html). Individuals with disabilities requiring an accommodation to participate in our selection process should call 989-774-6601.