This position is a student volunteer position. To be eligible for a Core Staff position you
must have served on staff for two years in some capacity. There are three different Core Staff
positions: Core Guide, Runner Core Guide, and CTeam Core Guide. To be eligible for the various Core Staff
positions you must have served at least one of your two years on staff within
that respective area. You must also be a
current undergraduate CMU student. Hired
in early October, the minimum GPA requirement for this position is a 2.50. The responsibilities of a Core Guide entail
many different aspects of the Leadership Safari program including, but not
- Attending all training events and retreats.
- Assisting with the staff selection process.
- Evaluating staff members on their performance
during trainings and the conference.
- Providing materials and serve as a resource for
fellow staff members.
- Providing feedback and assist in the evaluation
and growth of the conference.
- Have the ability to troubleshoot and handle
situations that may arise during the conference.
- Assisting in the management of participants and
staff during the Leadership Safari Conference.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with the
Director, Graduate Assistant, Staff Assistants and fellow Core Staff.
- Properly use technology provided to help aid in
the communication process amongst staff.
Applications are available on our online application system only. Click here
to access the website.
Friday, September 30, 2016 at 12PM NOON. Submitted after the deadline will not be considered.