This position is a volunteer position. To be eligible for the Ranger Guide position one
must have served on staff for a minimum of two years, either on C-Team or as a
Guide, with at least one year of Guide experience. One must also be a current undergraduate CMU
student. Ranger Guides have well-developed facilitation skills along with a well-rounded understanding of the
program. They have additional
responsibilities beyond what is expected for a returning guide. They help serve as a strong mentor for
Returning and New Guides as well as a support for Core Guides. The minimum GPA requirement for this position
is 2.30. The responsibilities for this
position include, but are not limited to:
- Attending all Ranger Guide meetings and
- Being confident with their facilitation skills
and ability to coach others.
- Serving as a knowledgeable mentor to Returning
and New Guides.
- Assisting in training Returning and New Guides.
- Assisting in the selection process of Returning
and New Guides.
- Supporting the Core Guide to assist in
evaluating Returning and New Guides.
- Work with a group of 10-12 incoming students to:
- Develop leadership skills.
- Adjust to college life/moving away from home.
- Learn ways to get involved at CMU.
- Meet new people and get acquainted with CMU.
- Carry out all assigned Leadership Safari
activities and meetings.
Applications are available on our online application system only. Click here
to access the website.Deadline:
Friday, October 17, 2014 at 12PM NOON. Submitted after the deadline will not be considered.