There are two staff assistants within the Leadership Safari organization. These positions, along with the graduate assistants, are the only paid positions on staff.
The Staff Assistants are a full year, paid
position. This position begins in
September and ends in September. They
are an active member of the office staff along with: the Associate Director, Assistant Director and Graduate
Assistants. There will be some shared
tasks within the office as well as some individualized responsibilities. The minimum GPA requirement for this position
is a 3.00. This job entails many
different aspects of the staff training process including, but not limited to:
- Planning, developing and enhancing spring and
fall training for Core Guides, Guides, CTeam and Runner.
- Enhancing and growing upon the current training
- Developing staff members into sound facilitators
by providing them with unlimited resources.
- Improving upon staff members’ ability to debrief
effectively to many different/diverse audiences.
- Working in cohesion with the Staff Selection
Staff Assistant to develop training that will allow for accurate and effective
evaluation of perspective staff members.
- Being available to staff members through office
hours via phone and email communication.
- Educating Core Staff on how to use and utilize
technological equipment provided
- Preparing staff for many different situations that
may arise during the conference, including but not limited to, emergency
situations, logistical situations, last minute changes, participant
interaction, and any unforeseen circumstances.
- Researching, communicating with, and booking speakers.
- Reserving rooms and maintaining a room reservation book.
- Reviewing speaker contracts and riders.
- Communicating with and coordinating with University Events/Events and Conference Services.
- Developing, coordinating and maintaining a conference schedule.
- Communicating and working with catering to plan meals for training and Leadership Safari.
- Working directly with the Associate Director to oversee participant registration activity.
- Assisting with advertisement and publicity of the program.
- Coordinating and assisting with the check-in process.
- Preparing and maintaining all logistical procedures as needed.
- Improving upon current special events and developing more where needed i.e. Traditions, Excursions, and Community Service.
- Helping design and find staff and participant swag.
- Attending professional development conference(s)
where appropriate and available.
- Attending weekly office meetings with the Associate Director, Assistant Director, Graduate Assistants, and fellow Staff Assistant to keep open
communication and awareness of what everyone is working on.
Applications are no longer available. If you have questions, please email the Leadership Safari account at firstname.lastname@example.org
TBA Applications will be available via the application portal in August, 2017.