Residential Fitness Centers are located in East Area and the Towers. These fitness centers are open to all on-campus residence hall students. You must have your campus ID to enter.
Fitness Center Hours
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - Midnight
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Saturday: 11 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Sunday: 11:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m
Spring 2015 Group Fitness Classes:
Group Fitness Class Guidelines and Information
- No classes 8/31 -9/4 or during final exam week
- All classes are FREE and require NO pre-registration
- These classes are available to all students living in the residence halls (not-including on-campus apartments)
- Participants will be allowed to enter class up to 10 minutes after the posted start time. Doors will be closed and no entrance granted if participant is more than 10 minutes late.
- Participants need to sign-in on the provided sign-in sheet upon arrival to class
Fitness & Wellness Programs
- Personal Training - Available all semester. Fee required for service, or free when you participate in the Create You training program.
- Fitness Assessment - Available all semester in Towers & East Fitness Centers. FREE!
- Chip Champs Incentive - Available all semester. Track your attendance in the binder available in Towers or East Fitness Centers and earn prizes for working out. FREE!
- Equipment Orientations - Learn how to use fitness equipment properly. Call or visit Towers or East Fitness Centers the first two weeks of class for available orientation times. FREE!
Contact Us: Towers Fitness Center (Campbell Hall, 1st Floor) at x2158 or East Fitness Center (Herrig Hall, 1st Floor) at x1979.
Fitness Center Use Guidelines
Although a Fitness Center employee will always be on duty, the Fitness Center will operate on an "exercise/lift at own risk" policy.
- Weight belts are not allowed on strength training machines.
- Appropriate attire is required at all times, including gym shoes and shirts (no skin should come in contact with any padded areas of the equipment).
Only Fitness Center weight pins may be used in the weight machines.
Users are recommended to bring and utilize their own towels when working out.
Personal belongings are not to be brought in the Fitness Center. Backpacks, jackets, etc...can be left in cubbies located in each Fitness Center and should be cleared out at the end of the participant's workout. Keys may be kept at the Fitness Center Desk at the risk of each member.
Only one set at a time may be performed on the strength training machines during peak times to allow all users equal opportunity of each machine.
No food is allowed in the Fitness Center. Only beverages in spill proof bottles will be permitted.
A maximum of 30 minutes is allowed on the cardio machines during peak times. Participants must sign-up in person for a time slot. If the person signed up for their time slot is late, they forfeit the reservation.
Users must clean off equipment with the provided disinfectant and towels when they are done working out. Solution should be sprayed on the towel and not directly on the fitness equipment.
Wet shoes are not allowed in the facility.