UPDATE: In response to the evolving challenges related to COVID-19, Central Michigan University and the Academic Advising and Assistance Office are open for normal business via our website.
While we are not conducting face-to-face on campus advising appointments, you can schedule an advising appointment that will be conducted by phone or via WebEx with your advisor.
You can schedule your academic advising appointment online by going to our Schedule an Academic Advising Appointment page.
If you are unsure of who your advisor is, our office staff can assist you during normal business hours. You can call from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday at 989-774-7506 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All questions regarding academic assistance programs such as tutoring, supplemental instruction and academic standing which includes rematriculation can be emailed to email@example.com or you can call from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday at 989-774-3465.
Your success as a student is our top priority! We want you to know all of the great resources available at CMU to help you put your stamp on the classroom and the world. These tools can set you up for success from day one through graduation!
Access the top 5 online academic resources and more by logging in to CentralLink and selecting the "My Account" tab at the top of the page.
- Track the progress you're making throughout your time here at Central. Know what requirements you've fulfilled and those you still need to complete; view how transfer credit is applied to your academic history; explore "What If" scenarios as you consider your program of study; and when the time comes, apply for graduation!
- Each semester, your classes will have a course "shell" that your professor may use to share important information, post announcements, and post your grades throughout the semester. There's even an app so you can access Blackboard anytime from your mobile device!
- Plan out your upcoming semester's courses and build a schedule that works great for you.
- Your guide for all things CMU! The Bulletin houses information about all of our academic programs, course descriptions, and general education and graduation requirements, as well as all the policies and procedures students need to know as they navigate #LifeAtCentral.
- This is the University's primary source of communication with you. Students should check their Cmich email daily. Use the Outlook app to add your CMU email to your phone, so that you can access it anytime!
Connect with your advisor to talk about these resources and many more.
We're here for you and are always happy to help!