Applications for Supplemental Instruction Leaders for Fall 2019 are now available. Please turn in your application to Ronan 250, by 4:30 pm on Friday, March 15, 2019.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist in providing leadership in implementing an exemplary and comprehensive SI program.
2. Conduct two or three peer assisted study sessions per week for assigned class.
3. Attend all lectures for the assigned class every week and keep up on class materials.
4. Create handouts, worksheets, pre-tests, and other instructional tools to be used during SI sessions.
5. Develop a positive and effective working relationship with the professor/instructor/GA/TA who teaches the lecture section you are assigned to.
6. Attend the mandatory SI Leader trainings and meetings.
1. Possess an overall GPA of 3.0 or above.
2. Must have received a minimum of an A- as a final grade in the course applying for, preferably at CMU.
3. Demonstrate good interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
4. Ability to commit 12+ hours per week to the job and attend required meetings and training sessions.
5. A strong emphasis is placed on the ability to integrate cultural competency into the SI sessions.
Anticipated courses to hire SI Leaders for:
Accounting (ACC): 201
Biology (BIO): 392
Chemistry (CHM): 120, 131, 132, 342, 345, 346
Computer Science (CPS): 180
Economics (ECO): 201
Health Sciences (HSC): 211, 214, 215
Math (MTH): 105, 107, 130, 132, 133, 217
Physics (PHY): 145
Psychology (PSY): 211
If you would like to become a part of the Supplemental Instruction team, fill out the application below and return it to Ronan 250.
Supplemental Instruction Leader Application Fall 2019.pdf
SI Flyer Fall 2019.pdf