Central Michigan University's orientation program provides you with a comprehensive introduction to the university prior to your first day of classes. Whether you are a new freshman or a transfer student from another college, you will get answers to your questions and more at an orientation session.
Orientation highlights include:
- An opportunity to meet with advisors.
- Attend an academic college meeting and learn more about specific majors.
- Photograph for campus ID card.
- Explanation of university procedures including parking permits, financial aid, billing, tuition and banking.
- Registration for first semester classes.
- If you would like to audition for the School of Music, please click here and read their instructions.
Orientation schedules at a glance:
(schedules are subject to change)
- Freshman students Example of Freshman Only Orientation sessions that take place from May 23 - June 15. (Freshman and family members attending on other dates will follow the Transfer student agenda.) Sample Agenda, STUDENT, Freshman only.pdf
- Family/Guests (for Freshman Only Orientations) Example of agenda for orientation sessions for Freshman Only dates from May 23-June 15. (Freshman and family members attending on other dates will follow the Transfer/Freshman student agenda.) Sample Agenda, FAMILY, Freshman Only.pdf
- Transfer students/Freshman students/Family/Guests (for those not attending Freshman Only Orientation sessions in May and June) Example of agenda for orientation. The family/guest portion of the schedule is included on the sample agenda. Sample Agenda, STUDENT and FAMILY, TR and FR, 2015-16.pdf
You may wish to bring:
An umbrella and rain gear in case of inclement weather because you will be walking to different buildings on campus.
Sweater or sweatshirt - temperatures may vary in meeting locations.
A printed copy of your orientation e-mail confirmation with details on check-in time, location and parking.
Comfortable shoes and casual clothing; walking to various meeting locations will be part of your orientation day.
Since space is limited, we cannot accommodate friends you might wish to bring with you.
Those who would like to request an accommodation due to a special need or condition should contact the Orientation Office at 989-774-6629 at least two weeks prior to your orientation date to give us adequate time to honor your request.