Central Michigan University's New Student Orientation program provides students with a comprehensive introduction to the university prior to your first day of classes. Whether you are a new freshman or a transfer student from another institution, you will get all your questions answered and more during your orientation.
New Student Orientation highlights include:
- Personalized meetings with academic advisors and other CMU staff
- Meeting with academic colleges to learn more about specific majors
- Photograph for campus ID card
- An explanation of university policies and procedures including parking permits, financial aid, billing, tuition and banking
- Registering for students’ first semester classes
You may wish to bring:
- Comfortable shoes and casual clothing as some of the day will consist of traveling to various campus locations
- An umbrella and rain gear in case of inclement weather
- Sweater or sweatshirt, as temperatures may vary in meeting locations
- A printed copy of your New Student Orientation e-mail confirmation with details on check-in time, location and parking
Those who would like to request an accommodation due to a special need or condition should contact the Orientation Office at (989) 774-6629 at least two weeks prior to a student’s orientation date to allow CMU adequate time to honor the request.
Since program space is limited, New Student Orientation cannot accommodate friends who might wish to go along through the orientation process.