For Any Returning Student

If you plan to return to CMU and it has been three or more years since you last attended, you will need to re-apply to CMU. You can start that process by clicking HERE.

Please note - if you do have to re-apply, paying the application fee and enrollment deposit  are NOT required.


Returning after being Academically Dismissed or Suspended

If you have been academically dismissed or suspended from Central Michigan University as an undergraduate student and are ready to return, you will need to complete the reinstatement process. 

Complete the form found at the link below and a staff member will contact you to discuss next steps in the reinstatement process.

Click HERE to begin the undergraduate student reinstatement process

If you have questions about academic standing (i.e. probation, dismissal, suspension), please click here

For Graduate Students:                                                                                                                                 If you are a previous CMU graduate student interested in returning to campus, please contact Kara Owens in The Office of Research and Graduate Studies at 989-774-3873 or email her directly at


Returning after Planned Time Away

If you chose to take a semester or more away from CMU as an undergraduate student and are ready to return, contact us directly at 989-774-7506 or A staff member will help you determine your next steps. 


Where Can I Find Support?

There are staff and services throughout campus to help you reach our academic and personal goals.