QUICK LINK TO PAGE: www.bit.ly/cmichsearch
"Stay in the Loop with Handshake!"
Looking for your next opportunity? Explore a variety of resources to develop strategies to network/connect with PEOPLE and discover employers and position POSTINGS. Once you have targeted a position or employer of interest, their website is often a great place to learn more about careers and how to apply. The method through which information is shared could depend on the size of the organization, industry and application process. Also, don't forget to utilize our Career Managment System ("Handshake") to stay up to date on employer information, events, and jobs and internships/c o-ops that are sent directly to our office! Let us help you make a difference in your profession!
In this appointment, we can cover:
NETWORKING (Important Contacts, Events, Organizations)
Off Campus Resources:
- Search for Career Events by industry and location (MI example below):
- Young Professional Networks: Connect based on location, industry/career field.. MI examples are below:
- Professional Associations & Organizations: Search by location, industry/career field..
ONLINE SEARCH (Employers, Postings):
Location-Based (Search by city, state & country) MI examples below:
- What can I do with this Major? (search engines are listed within industry areas)
- Use Google to search for top job sites in your career field/area of study
Large Search Engines
Employer Review Sites
Social Media (Professional & Personal)