The celebration of different cultures represented at Central Michigan University is something the MASS office takes pride in. The opportunity to learn through panels, discussions, performances and food tasters is provided on a monthly basis throughout the year.
Want to get involved? Do you have an idea for an event? We would love to hear from you. MASS both appreciates and relies heavily on collective brainstorming and students' initiatives to make these programs a success.
Click on the links to the right to learn more about the various cultural celebrations and events sponsored by the MASS office.
You will also find additional resources to help make connections with Faculty/Staff members, outstanding Students, and RSOs.Save the Dates for Cultural Programing
Multicultural Academic Student ServicesGet Aquainted Day
- 1st Wednesday of the Fall SemesterHispanic Heritage Month
- September 15th to October 15thMartin Luther King, Jr. Week
- 3rd Full Week in JanuaryBlack History Month
- FebruaryAsian Pacific American Heritage Month
March 15th to April 15thArab American Heritage Month
- AprilNative American ProgramsNative American Heritage Month
- NovemberIndigenous Peoples' Day
- 2nd Monday in OctoberCMU Annual Pow Wow
- MarchLGBTQ Services and Gender Equity Programs
Transgender Week of Awareness - 2nd Full Week in November
LGBTQ+ Celebration Month - October
Women's History Month - March
Pride Month - April