Thank you for registering to be a dancer at the 31st Annual Central Michigan University "Celebrating Life" Pow wow Virtual Edition.
- Contestants must be registered on Signup.com in order to compete.
- Registration closes on Friday, May 8, 2020 at 11:00 am EST or at 50-person threshold capacity per category.
- Contestants may enter in ONLY one category, once registered, they cannot switch categories.
- Contestants must register in their actual age category at time of registration.
- Contestants must have full dance regalia to compete. The contestant's regalia must be suitable and appropriate for the category in which they compete.
- Dancers must use the provided YouTube/song link and hashtag provided through registration.
- Committee judges are required to remove themselves if related by family, marriage, or traditional adoption to dancers in specified contest category.
- All video submissions must be submitted during EST (Eastern Standard Time).
- Contestants must post video during designated time only or you will be disqualified.
- Contestants must show Google: DATE and TIME stamp between May 6-8, 2020.
- The contest will be on a point system used by the judges.
- By registering, you are giving Central Michigan University permission to use your video and/or photo as part of their public relations material without additional compensation.
- PLEASE-NO WHISTLES DURING CONTEST OR IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING A CONTEST SONG!
VIDEO RECORDING/UPLOAD PROCESS:
- You will upload our video to the Facebook Events page during the designated time.
- Contestants must say their name, tribal affiliation, location and show Google: DATE and TIME stamp between May 6-8, 2020.
- Videos must be recorded in a horizontal format (turn your phone sideways).
- Your entire body needs to be in the screen at all times.
- If you are required to dance to more than one song, you will need to dance them back to back in the same video.
- In the event we have technical issues with Facebook, we have a backup plan.
- Once you have uploaded the video to Facebook, go to wetransfer.com and send the video to email@example.com (within your designated time frame).
- If you are required to dance to more than one song, you will need to dance them back to back in the same video, NO WATER BREAK.
- We recommend you have both YouTube videos queued up to play prior to recording.
- You must use this specific song in the link provided.
HELPFUL POINTERS FOR YOUR VIDEO SUBMISSION:
PAYOUT PROCESS FOR WINNERS:
Once the Pow wow winner has been determined an email will be sent to the winner. The email will include additional forms to fill-out and return in order to receive payment.
- Detailed Dancer Registration (full name, address, etc.)
- W-9 or 8-BEN (Taxes will be deducted from Canadian Winners who do not have a U.S. Social Security Number.)
- Children under the age of 18 are allowed to use their guardians Social Security number if they do not have one of their own.
- ACH Form for Direct Deposit or Check to be mailed
Winners will be announced at 4:00pm EST on Sunday, May 10, 2020 live on the Facebook Event page.
- You will have to create an account with signup.com.
- If you accidently registered in the wrong category, click on VIEW/CHANGE MY COMMITMENTS in the signup.com e-mail link. Click on the MY SPOTS tab. Click Remove.
- Please refer to the Q & A section to add multiple participants under one e-mail account.
- Please make sure you include you email and phone number when registering multiple users in on family.
Disqualification will occur if the above rules are not followed. Decisions made by the Pow wow Committee are FINAL.
If you have any additional questions prior to the start of the Pow wow, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.cmich.edu/powwow