The Leadership Institute defines
leadership as building capacity to solve problems, create value,
and thrive in a changing and challenging world. Purpose is here to bring forward your values, strengths, and personal points of
growth. Together we will explore you. You know yourself pretty well but have
you ever stopped to take a look at how others perceive you?
At Purpose, students will find meaning in their story and chart a future based upon understanding of self, including values, strengths, and identity. This program challenges each participant to think introspectively in order to develop a better understanding of self. Purpose was created to get you thinking about your potential impact as a leader.
Purpose will take place December 3rd from 12:30 to 5:45 P.M. in the Powers Hall Ballroom
As a result of participating and engaging in Purpose, you will:
- Develop healthy behaviors and boundaries
- Articulate personal strengths and areas for improvement
- Act congruently with personal values and beliefs
- Formulate a sense of purpose
- Develop an understanding of one's social identities
- Integrate feedback into self-appraisal and future behaviors
Please contact Hannah Long, Graduate Assistant in the Sarah R Opperman Leadership Institute, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (989)774-3844 with any questions.