LEADERSHAPE INSTITUTE 2017
The 2017 Central Michigan University LeaderShape Institute will be held May 7-12 at an off-campus conference venue in Albion, MI.
All Central Michigan University students who want to learn to change the world are encouraged to apply to attend the CMU LeaderShape Institute. Applications will be reviewed by the LeaderShape program coordinators and the assistant director of the Leadership Institute.
NOTE: Priority review will be given to applications received by March 13, Commit today!
Interest Sessions- Come learn more about LeaderShape at one of our three interest sessions!
- Tuesday, February, 21 at 7:00 P.M. - Bovee University Center Huron Room
- Wednesday, March 1 at 7:00 P.M. – East Campus Herrig Classroom (SHC side)
- Thursday, March 16 at 7:00 P.M. – Kulhavi 141 & 142
ABOUT THE LEADERSHAPE INSTITUTE
Effective leadership produces results — exceptional improvements not only in companies and organizations, but also in communities, families, and groups. Wherever you are, there’s a need for you to lead.
The LeaderShape Institute is an intensive six-day program of dialogue and self-discovery in a supportive learning community. Participants were challenged to lead with integrity while developing a vision grounded in their deepest values. Students explore what they want to do and who they want to be.
The curriculum was created for individuals who are committed to taking their leadership to the next level and who want to make a significant impact on campus, in their communities, and in the world. We participate in large group activities, in small group exercises, in conversation with one another, in personal reflection. We set out to discover our most deeply held values and greatest passions and how they can come together to give our lives and work purpose.
The LeaderShape Institute works to help participants achieve four primary outcomes:
- To increase their commitment to acting consistently with core ethical values, personal values, and convictions.
- To increase their capability to develop relationships and increase their commitment to respecting the dignity and contribution of all people.
- To embrace the belief in a healthy disregard for the impossible.
- To develop the capability to produce extraordinary results.