Your journey this fall kicks off with
New Student Convocation,
the official start your academic career!
- Hear from university leaders, faculty, and a recent alumnus to get Fired Up about CMU's traditions and your academic goals. The next time you will see this stage, you will be walking across it at commencement!
Following New Student Convocation, you are required to attend
three programs during Campus Life Orientation.
- New students are required to attend three programs with their residential area: No Zebras, No Excuses; College Life & Safety; Campus Diversity & Inclusion.
Please note: No Zebras, No Excuses is a scenario-based presentation addressing the issues of sexual assault, domestic violence, stalking and harassment followed by a presentation from the Office of Institutional Equity and Civil Rights (OCRIE), who will continue presenting on prevention and reporting options.
MAINSTAGE is a great place to learn about on-campus organizations and office, as well as the Mount Pleasant community.
- Registered student organizations (RSOs), fraternities, sororities, and Mt Pleasant businesses will all be in attendance to connect and welcome you food, games, prizes, giveaways, and more!
Don't forget to complete this, required, online training before October 1.
- Training available by email invitation to your CMICH account, or by logging into CentralLink (Click 'My Account' then 'Think About It' in the Around Campus section).
- CMU is committed to developing a caring and supportive culture for our students. In order to accomplish this, we want to ensure that you are part of the dialogue. The conversation begins with Think About It, an online training module that discusses sexual misconduct education, prevention, and reporting options.