Congratulations on your acceptance to Central Michigan University! We understand starting college is both an exciting and stressful time. Rest assured, the New Student Orientation will leave you feeling more prepared to begin this exciting next chapter of your life here at CMU.
Future students: review your next steps below before attending your orientation session. If you have any questions, please contact the Orientation Office at (989) 774-6629 or email@example.com.
- Activate your CMU Global ID
Your Global ID is the unique pin that was included in your admittance packet sent from the Admissions Office. This pin is also the username for your CMICH email account.
- NOTE: Your Global ID is the first part of your cmich.edu email (smith1ab, for example).
- Your CMU student ID is a six digit number and is not the same as a global ID.
- Pay your Enrollment Deposit and Schedule a New Student Orientation date
Your Global ID and password are needed in order to reserve an orientation date. New undergraduate students (freshman, transfer, and international) are required to attend orientation.
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
If you wish to be eligible for federal student aid, this form is required. Most students qualify for some form of financial aid, so be sure to file your FAFSA sooner than later. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (989-774-3674).
- Check your CMU Email Account Often
All official University communication is conducted through your '@cmich.edu' email address. Make a habit to check your CMU email several times during the week.
- CentralLink contains many important links to conduct your business as a CMU student.
Already scheduled your orientation date?
Review the items on the New Student Checklist
to prepare for your first semester at Central.