(Carey, Campbell, Cobb, Kesseler, Kulhavi, Troutman and Wheeler halls)
Schedule an appointment by calling 989.774.3401 | email Liz
Bachelor of Social Work - Social Work (Central Michigan University)
Favorite things about CMU
- The Mary Ellen Brandell Volunteer Center.
- The numerous ways to get involved through registered student organizations, clubs, working with professors, sports, theater, music, and residence life.
- Fabiano Botanical Gardens – a beautiful place to sit, reflect, and study for class.
Key CMU resources to utilize
- Tutoring Services. Tutoring is offered free to all undergraduate CMU students enrolled in undergraduate on-campus classes. CMU will pay up to 3 hours each week for tutoring sessions. In addition, there are walk-in tutoring services for all different subjects. Take advantage of these essential resources!
- Counseling Center. Provides qualified and certified staff who enable students to develop skills, attitudes and behaviors that are essential to personal growth, successful academic progress, and student effectiveness. They provide 1-on-1 counseling and support groups to help with life’s changes and trials.
- Student Service Court. Conveniently houses many different services, such as assistance for scholarships and financial aid, enrollment, and billing and account questions. Knowledgeable advisors are available for walk-ins to provide answers and support.
Tips for success
- Create specific and measurable goals with practical steps to work toward them. Turn them into a vision board for inspiration, and keep them in sight often.
- Make the most of your time at CMU – take risks, try something new, get to know your classmates and your professors.
- Take care of yourself – find what works for you to remain healthy in all areas of your life (e.g., exercise, getting adequate rest, healthy relationships).