Tentative Schedule of Events
Saturday, September 25th
- Free entrance into the Student Activity Center
- Enjoy basketball, swimming, Jacuzzi, billiards, racquetball, and indoor track.
- New Student, Parent & Supporters Success Panel:
- Meet representatives from Residence Life, Career Development, Academic Advising, Student Activities & Involvement, the Leadership Institute and Scholarships and Financial Aid who will give tips on how to be a successful CMU student.
- Coffee with President Robert Davies—Listen to the President’s future vision for CMU, and ask him your questions.
- Visit the Discovery Museum Mid-Michigan’s children’s museum where your young ones will have creative, hands-on activities as they explore the environment. Rates are discounted for Family & Friends Weekend.
- Explore the Ziibiwing Center—Pay tribute to Native American displays and artifacts of the Saginaw Chippewa Tribe. Discounted rates apply.
- Shop in Downtown Mt. Pleasant—Most merchants will offer discounted rates to parents and family members.
- Attend the Central Michigan University football game against Florida International University.
- Have fun rock climbing or zip lining.
- Hike Mt. Pleasant’s beautiful trails at Deerfield Park.
- Have dinner with your student in one of our residential restaurants—students can use one of their 5 guest meal passes for you and your family.
- Movie Night—See a feature film, movie to be announced.
Sunday, September 26th
- Exercise in the Student Activity Center.
- Experience the fun of Zumba or Yoga.
- Listen to a presentation on The Benefits of Greek Life.
- Participate in a volunteer activity with our Volunteer Center.
- Have brunch is one of our residential restaurants.
- Attend a performance by the School of Music—Performers to be announced.
- Go rock climbing or zip lining.
- Open skate in Mt. Pleasant’s Ice Arena.
- Shop the Downtown Center.
- Visit the great outdoors by hiking in Deerfield Park.