Marceil has been a part of the CMU and Mount Pleasant community for over ten years. He came to CMU as a first generation college student from Flint, MI in the fall of 2005. During his undergraduate career he volunteered and worked with the GEAR UP program which allowed him to fulfill one of his greatest passions, giving back to the youth of his hometown. After being active on campus with pre-college programs, Marceil graduated and spent time serving as an AmeriCorps VISTA for CMU's GEAR UP program in Flint Community Schools. Marceil would go on to become the junior academic advisor for CMU's GEAR UP program before securing his current position as academic advisor for the Pathways to Academic Student Success program.
Marceil met his wife, Sharon, at CMU. They have two children Macrae and Karis.
Other fun facts about Marceil:
- Marceil was a GEAR UP participant in high school
- Marceil played rugby at Central Michigan University
- Marceil is a poet, graphic artist, and songwriter
- Marceil has seven sisters and three brothers
- Marceil is currently pursuing a MSA in General Administration
AmeriCorps VISTA Summer Associate