Each candidate for a baccalaureate degree shall:

  1. Matriculate as a regular undergraduate student.
  2. Fulfill the requirements prescribed on a degree.
  3. Complete a major, or a major and a minor, or minors as indicated on the chosen degree and authorized in consultation with the departmental advisors.
  4. Submit an application for graduation early in the semester in which the student will complete 86 semester hours of credit, or approximately two semesters preceding your expected graduation date.
  5. Present 30 semester hours of credit earned at Central Michigan University. Fifteen of the 30 hours must be taken on campus. Ten of the last 30 semester hours of credit prior to graduation must be taken at this university in on-campus or global campus courses.
    Correspondence credit, Advanced Placement credit, CLEP credit, and hours earned by Credit by Examination may not be applied toward any of these requirements.
  6. Fulfill the General Education Requirements including University Program and Competency Requirements. Students may not take more than two courses or seven hours for CR/NC in the University Program. Students must earn a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00 in University Program courses in order to graduate.
  7. Present a cumulative point average of 2.00 (C) or higher and a point average of 2.00 (C) or higher in major(s) and minor(s).
  8. Present at least 40 semester hours in courses numbered 300 or above.
  9. Present a minimum of 124 semester credit hours which may include a maximum of six hours of RLA and/or PED activities. Sixty semester credit hours must be earned at an accredited four-year degree-granting institution or from a foreign university or college approved by the government or the official regulating agency of the country in which the university or college is located. None of these sixty hours may include physical education activity courses. The Registrar's Office makes the decision regarding the acceptability of transfer credits according to the Transfer Credit Policy. Appeals of the decision may be filed with the Board of Appeals.

Candidates for a teaching certificate must file an application to a Teacher Education Program. Refer to Teacher Certification section for details.