Graduation Information
Four to five weeks before each commencement ceremony students will be
e-mailed graduation information to their cmich e-mail account. This will include instructions about tickets, caps and gowns, announcements and commencement day. August graduates are mailed their commencement information for the December ceremony.

​​Global Campus studentsclick -here​ for Application for Graduation.

Application for Graduation (Undergraduate Degrees)

Every applicant for a baccalaureate degree is expected to file an "Application for Graduation." This application may be submitted to Undergraduate Academic Services, Warriner Hall Room 123, Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, MI 48859 or Student Service Court, Bovee University Center Room 119, Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, MI 48859.

Applications are processed in the order they are received for each graduation. Submission should be based on the following timeline:

  • September 15 for May graduation
  • January 15 for August graduation
  • April 15 for December graduation


The application for graduation generates a graduation audit which is e-mailed to the student. If there are follow-up questions or concerns regarding the graduation audit, an appointment can be made with the Assistant Director/Graduation, Undergraduate Academic Services, Warriner 123, Phone (989) 774-3504

On-Campus Undergraduate Students click - here for Application for Graduation

Application for Graduation (Graduate Degrees)

In order to graduate, the student must submit a Graduation Application form. The form must be submitted to the graduate studies office no later than the deadlines specified inside the front cover of the College of Graduate Studies Bulletin. At the time of filing the graduation application, it is the responsibility of the student to determine whether his/her adviser will be available to approve the thesis or to sign any other papers necessary for graduation. In the event the Student's adviser will not be available on campus at such a time, the student assumes responsibility for making suitable arrangements for the approval of the thesis, field study, dissertation, or other papers with the adviser prior to the adviser's departure.

Graduation Dates

  • May 9, 2015
  • August 7, 2015
  • December 19, 2015
  • May 7, 2016
  • August 5, 2016
  • December 17, 2016

Graduating with Honors (Undergraduate Students)

In order to graduate with honors a student must have, at the beginning of his or her last required term, a total cumulative grade point average at Central Michigan University as indicated in the following table and must at that time have completed 45 hours of residence credit, of which 33 hours must be letter graded.

Grade Point Average Honors Designation
3.90 - 4.00 Summa Cum Laude
3.75 - 3.89 Magna Cum Laude
3.50 - 3.74 Cum Laude


A student who has attained, at the end of his or her final semester, 45 hours of residence of which 33 hours are letter-graded credit and has a GPA that now gives him or her honors or a higher honors classification may appeal for this new honors classification. The student must complete a Graduation Honors Appeal Form and a Diploma Replacement Form and submit the established fee to Undergraduate Academic Services. A student must appeal no later than the Friday before the next commencement following his or her graduation.