Official Transcript Requests

Any current or former student desiring an official transcript of his or her record from this university should submit a written or faxed, hand-signed request to:

Office of the Registrar
Attention: Transcripts
Central Michigan University
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48859

FAX: (989) 774-3783.

You may use the "Official Transcript Request Form (Web form)" located on this web site. Type in the required information on-line, then print and sign the form and either mail, fax, or bring it into the Registrar's Office. Transcript Request forms will not be accepted by e-mail.

Letters and faxed requests (e-mail requests will not be honored) should include name, address, daytime phone number, CM ID number or the last 4 digits of your SSN, dates of attendance, and birth date. If a student has both an undergraduate and graduate record, both must be sent. No transcript will be released without written authorization from the student.

Ordinarily, transcripts are processed within one to three business days. There is no charge for a transcript, unless a student orders more than 5 transcripts per week. Priority service is available by specifically requesting the priority service and paying a $10.00 priority charge. Priority requests will be prepared in time for the next outgoing mail. Priority transcripts requested in person will be prepared immediately.

Students may request that official transcripts be sent directly to them, but most businesses and educational institutions will accept as official only those transcripts sent directly to them from the issuing institution.

Transcripts of students with a financial obligation to the university are not released until the obligation is paid.

Unofficial Transcript Requests

Students may come in to the Registrar's Office, Warriner 212, or the Student Service Court, Lower Level Bovee University Center 119, and request an unofficial transcript. The student must complete a form and present picture identification. The transcript is prepared immediately. An unofficial transcript can only be issued to the student. One cannot be issued if a student has a financial hold.