If you are a CMU Student who has graduated or been away from the University for three or more years, you must submit a new application for admission in order to enroll in coursework. Please visit our Admission Office's website at apply.cmich.edu in order to complete your free application

 Students Returning to Complete a Second Undergraduate Degree:

  • If you are planning to return to CMU in order to earn a second undergraduate degree, you are encouraged to meet with an academic advisor in Academic Advising and Assistance in order to gain an understanding of eligibility as well as the coursework that would be required. More information can be found here
  • Students are encouraged to meet with a financial aid advisor in order to learn whether or not sufficient aid is available for them to complete a second undergraduate degree.  Contact information is available here.

Students Returning to Add a Major(s) or Minor(s):

  • If you are returning to CMU to add an additional major(s) or minor(s) you must sign the new major or minor and bring a copy to the Registrar's Office, Warriner 212. You must also fill out the form called Application to Add a Non-Teaching Major or Minor. This form can be found on the Registrar’s website under Graduation and by clicking here.
Students Returning to Complete a Graduate Degree:

  • If you want to earn a graduate degree, you must apply for admission through our College of Graduate Studies. For information about admission and their programs please check their website by clicking here 

Additional Information if Returning to CMU:

  • Have you taken any courses at other colleges or universities? If so, we will need official transcripts from all institutions attended since your last CMU enrollment sent directly to:

Central Michigan University
ATTN: Transcript Department
802 Industrial Drive
Mount Pleasant MI 48858

Electronic transcripts sent via E-Scripts or the National Student Clearinghouse should be sent to: transcripts@cmich.edu