Admission Requirements

If you are a student who is regularly enrolled and in good academic standing, you may apply as a guest student to another college or university. Students are encouraged to review the university's "What Will Transfer" website and work with an academic advisor to ensure that coursework taken elsewhere can count towards their CMU degree. Guest admission is typically valid for one semester/session, and students must reapply for a subsequent semester/session.

When to Apply

You should apply well in advance--at least one month prior to the start of classes.

How to Apply

Transferring Courses Back to CMU

In order to have the course(s) considered for credit by CMU, the student must request that the other institution send an official transcript once the course(s) has been completed to the following address:

Central Michigan University
ATTN: Transcript Department
802 Industrial Drive
Mount Pleasant MI 48858

Electronic transcripts sent via E-Scripts or the National Student Clearinghouse should be sent to: